It was established in 1897. The Victoria University of Wellington is one of the oldest universities in New Zealand. This prestigious University has provided multiple ways to achieve a world-class education and experience.
The Victoria University of Wellington is one of the cheapest public universities in New Zealand, and it is a home for international students. The Victoria University of Wellington has 22% of international students out of the over 17,000 enrolled.
The Victoria University of Wellington has three campuses located in Kelburn, Pipitea, and Te Aro. The University offers a series of programs such as Education, Engineering, Science, Social Science, Humanities, Health, Management, Law, Government, Finance, Economics, Information Management, Architecture, and Design.
There are some top programs to study at the Victoria University of Wellington Development Studies, Earth and Marine Sciences, English Language and Literature, Geology, Hospitality and Leisure Management, Law, Library and Information Management, Linguistics, Performing Arts, Politics and International Studies, Psychology.
Faculties at the Victoria University of Wellington.
Victoria University of wellington has ten faculties, including education, humanities and social sciences, law, engineering, science, faculty of health, faculty of architecture and design innovation, wellington school of business and government.
There is numerous scholarship program at the Victoria University of Wellington. They offer fully-funded, while some provide partial funding. In addition, students whose country is among the Commonwealth countries are eligible. Most scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington is open to students who want to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
At the Victoria University of wellington, you will find different types of scholarships programs for international students; Undergraduate scholarships, postgraduate and doctoral scholarships, summer research scholarships, Fulbright New Zealand, Money Hub, Royal Society Te Aparangi, Education New Zealand.
New Zealand is one of the top countries you can enjoy a fully funded education and a world-class qualification, support and a chance to become a problem solver and impact the whole world. New Zealand higher institutions are among the top ranking in the world, and studying in New Zealand will give you more opportunities to fund your education with no stress, they have the best economy, and you can work while looking, you will access to both private and government students loan to fund your study.
Victoria University of Wellington consistently ranks among the top 500 universities globally; admission to Victoria University of Wellington is competitive. Still, the University receives tons of applications each year, and it has an acceptance rate of 65%.
Like every other prestigious University, the Victoria University of Wellington has several scholarship opportunities to help international students receive quality education of the highest standards available.
In this article, we will be discussing some scholarships programs at the Victoria University of wellington.
Scholarship funding opportunities are available at the Victoria University of Wellington
1. The New Zealand International Student Grant was created to support international students who want to study at Victoria University of Wellington. The New Zealand international students grant is available for Postgraduate, first-year students, worth $5,000 or $10,000. Undergraduate students are to receive this grant for the first and second year of study, and postgraduates are to receive it for the first year of study.
• Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student at Victoria university of wellington.
• Applicant must be studying on-campus. Online studying is not allowed.
• Applicant must be a newbie
There is no application process for this grant; all you have to do is enrol at Victoria university of wellington.
NOTE: New Zealand International grant cannot be deferred.
2. The Tongarewa Scholarship is available for international students. Each year we award a range of these scholarships, worth $5,000 or $10,000, to international students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
This scholarship program is available for; All Postgraduate, First-year students who are international students from different countries, the scholarship value at $5,000 to $10,000
The Tongarewa Scholarship is very competitive, and it is mainly based on the academic performance of students.
The deadline for application is 30 November and 1 June.
3. The Victoria University of Wellington Study Abroad Scholarship is open to international students who plan to experience New Zealand culture through the Study Abroad program at Victoria University of Wellington. This study abroad scholarship program is available for returning students and all postgraduate students. It is valued at up to $1,000. The scholarship is open for international students who want to explore New Zealand through the study abroad and exchange program at Victoria university of wellington.
International students who want to study at Victoria University of Wellington.
The applicant must be an international student.
Must hold a minimum GPA of 2.7 (out of 4).
Applicants must commence study in the trimester and year indicated in their offer of admission letter.
How to Apply
A complete online application must be filled and submitted.
Master of Engineering Practice-paid industry or research project
The project involves either working in an industry setting or conducting industry-focused research at the University.
Master of Engineering Practice
Duration: 12 months
Paid industry or research project: NZ$10,000 (only applied to final trimester of study).
Value: NZ$10,000 (only applied to final trimester of study)
Other available scholarships for international students at Victoria University of Wellington
You can visit this page to know more about scholarships and tuition fees at the Victoria University of Wellington. Link
I hope that this article on the Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship was helpful.